What is Dental Bonding?
Dental bonding is a cosmetic procedure where your dentist applies tooth-coloured resin (a durable plastic material) to a damaged, decayed or discoloured tooth. Using adhesives and a curing light, the resin is bonded to your natural tooth to help improve the look of your smile.
When can Dental Bonding be done:
- To repair decayed teeth
- To repair chipped or cracked teeth
- To close spaces between teeth
- To make teeth look longer
- To change the shape of teeth
- To protect a portion of the tooth's root that has been exposed when gums recede
While it isn’t appropriate in every situation, bonding can be a quick and relatively inexpensive way to help alter your smile.
Advantages of Dental Bonding:
- Easier and less expensive that other cosmetic dental procedures
- Much quicker than other procedures and can be completed in one appointment
- Least amount of tooth enamel is removed as compared to veneers and crowns.
- No anesthesia is usually required unless to fill a cavity
Dental bonding typically requires only one visit to your dentist's office. The process can usually be completed in 30 to 60 minutes per tooth. Your dentist sculpts the composite resin material into shape and then hardens and polishes it to match your existing teeth. With proper care the bonding can easily last three to five years before it needs repair.
Are you looking for a low cost dental bonding services near you in Etobicoke, North York and Toronto? Our Toronto dental office offers best dental bonding services in Etobicoke, North York and Toronto. Contact our affordable dental bonding dentists today. Our dental clinic is located at Weston Rd, Lawrence Ave, Dixon Rd, Islington Ave and Jane St Toronto.