A crown can be used to restore a tooth that is stained, broken or has a large filling. To apply a crown the tooth can be damaged but not lost. It is also called a “cap,” as it is a hollow artificial tooth. It can be used to cover a decayed or discoloured tooth that looks and acts like a natural tooth. A crown provides valuable support and restoration to the natural shape of the tooth it is covering.
Dental Crowns are suitable in the following situations:
- Heavy decay in the tooth that cannot be treated with a regular filling
- Serious injury or possible fracture in the tooth
- Abnormal shape of discoloration of the tooth
- A tooth that has had root canal treatment done on it and needs restoration
- Attaching a bridge
- Replace a large filling where there isn’t enough tooth left
The process usually takes two appointments for a dental crown to be fitted. In the first appointment, impressions of the tooth are taken as well as it is prepared for the crown. In the next appointment, final placement of the crown is completed.
There are different kinds of crowns that may be suited to your situation:
- Composite Crowns
- Metal Crowns
- Porcelain Crowns
- Porcelain fused to metal Crowns
Looking for low cost dental crowns near you in Etobicoke, North York and Toronto? Our best Toronto dental office offers affordable dental crowns in Etobicoke, North York and Toronto. Contact our top dental crowns dentists today. Our local dental crowns clinic is located at Weston Rd, Lawrence Ave, Dixon Rd, Islington Ave and Jane St Toronto.